Tuesday 5 April 2011

knitting scales


My auntie Gywne gave me some gorgeous homespun yarn for my birthday, it was so lovely it was worthy of an extra special project to really show it off! So i hunted around for a bit and came across this amazing scarf! It's been in my favourites on Ravelry for a while, but now i had the perfect yarn! 

This is my progress so far
This shows the 'top dragon head & body' and the beginnings of the 'lower head & body' The top body is knit in a variegated yarn in a dragon scale stitch and the lower part is knit in a 'belly' stitch after the head. I have to make a few more parts including ears, nostrils, eyes, a tail, a mouth and flames but these are the main two parts. 
The pattern is such a pleasure to follow, so well written, if i were to write a pattern myself i would have to use this as a base for a good, easy to follow pattern which is accessible for knitters of any stage. having simple things like stitch counts at the end of every row makes it so much easier to figure out if you're unsure. Check it out and cast on one for yourself!

I'll keep you updated on my progress as it continues....  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment