Thursday 28 April 2011

wash the dishes, 30xp!

every now and again I find the 'perfect tool of escapism' and for a while all the chores get neglected and I get to the point of having to bribe myself to do housework. At the current present moment this 'perfect tool of escapism' takes the form of The Sims Medieval
It is a PC game that is so good it feels like my two favourite games had a baby game! I've been playing Runescape for years. It's a MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) it's a game when you make a little person run around and fight loads of monsters, do loads of different quests, meet loads of characters, get gold, buy cool stuff...etc, it goes on forever, they are constantly adding new stuff, so you never get bored and you can't complete it. I've also been a fan and avid player of Sims for as long as it's been around (2000) where you play as a god and create and boss around these little people in a world you can customise in a million ways. 

This game, Sims Medieval, got a really bad response. I think a lot of people had the same hopes as me of it being a beautiful hybrid of my two favourites, but a lot of people did get disappointed. The best part of this was that I was saving up for it, the original price being a ridiculously high £39.99, but within a month (which means it's really bad for the company) it had gone down to £19.99 so I got to buy it much sooner than I thought! But yeah, it has less combat than Runescape, which I don't mind at all because I'm more of a collector and quester than fighter. It's on a smaller map too, which I'm actually preferring, it makes the quests achievable much faster (less frustration) and you can really get to know the map like the back of your hand! It has less choice of items and clothing and character personalising than Sims3, but actually, do you really need all that anyway? The clothes are all super cool medieval gear and they get two traits as well as a fatal flaw, which is loads more realistic really, don't people get sick of making nice sims all the time~?! The biggest difference at the moment that pissed people off the most (people who get excited by the hype of a new game then don't like it are hard to win back!) was the way you couldn't move around 360'' in the world or in the buildings, you can't build the buildings yourself, you can only furnish them and change the wallpaper and carpeting. I really don't mind in the slightest! The thing you have to realise about the Sims Medieval is that it's a completely new game unrelated almost to The Sims as we know it. And I reckon it stands in it's own right. I can't wait for the new patch today! They've basically fixed so many things that players moaned about! And to think my mum always says don't give in to peer pressure?!

p.s. just reaslised they've now put it up to £29.99! :( still good, still good!

as for avoiding the chores it goes like this; do a quest, wash up, do a quest, hang out the laundry, do a quest, tidy up the toys and sweep the floor, do a quest, go to bed! haha!
I'm 'making up to my house' this morning by making stock - a chore that doing it makes me feel like the perfect housewife! Go on the link to see how I got on....!


p.p.s bloody hell from £19.99 to £39.99 in a week! I sure got it at the perfect time! also the first release of Sims Medieval was so faulty and bugged they've given everyone who bought that a free copy of the limited edition game, as in the game that works!

No comments:

Post a Comment